|8/6/2021 12:28:00 PM|
SHS Virtual Dog Training
Does this sound like you with your dog? “I wish my dog would stop jumping on people; stop being mouthy or nippy; not pull on the leash; not be a ‘trash hound’; come when I call; listen to me; and understand basic commands”. The days of demanding obedience and teaching parlor tricks to our canine best friends are gone. Today, dogs are viewed as family members, nannies, and adventure buddies, so dog training is transforming. You want to learn why they do what they do and how they feel, not just comply with what you want them to do.
Suncoast Humane Society offers virtual, Zoom-based 30 minute lessons every Saturday at 3pm with their Senior Animal Behaviorist, Jeff Joyce. The cost of each lesson is $10. You’ll be learning something new each week – no need to worry about a prior lesson being missed or not being able to attend the following week.
Also available are virtual one-on-one sessions with Jeff Joyce that will help dog owners form a stronger bond with their pets, resulting in improved behavior. These individualized sessions are one hour in length for $20.
Another option is an on-demand, pre-recorded webinar titled ‘Canine Essential Behaviors’ that you can sign up for and watch at your convenience.
What are the benefits of forming a better connection with your pet?
• Positive reinforcement and constructive guidance promote trust, loyalty and companionship.
• You will build a unique language between you and your dog.
• You will be able to recognize certain behaviors and actions and reassure your pet with appropriate and result-driven cues such as sit, stay, watch and more.
• Your dog will feel heard, and in return, will follow your guidance to be a good dog and to make you happy.
• Communication increases sociability and boosts the dog’s confidence in environments outside of your home.
Behavioral training teaches your dog important life skills, such as: how to live in a home environment and get along with other humans or animals in the home. It also teaches you different ways you can enrich their lives through mental and physical exercises.
For further details about any of these options, please contact Jeff Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, visit suncoasthumanesocietypethelp.as.me/schedule.php
Article Comment Submission Form